If you want to get better at understanding spoken French, you’ve come to the right place ! In addition to creating fun, informative travel videos that provide comprehensible input to my students and French learners around the world, I’ve designed a complete learning package around each video. You might not need all the steps here – find out what works for you !
Step 1 – « Hélène se promène » video
- Watch the video once or twice, preferably without subtitles.
- If you don’t understand enough, turn on subtitles by clicking the CC icon at the bottom right of the video, then select English or Canadian French with the settings icon. I recommend French subtitles to help your brain focus on French. You can also change the speed of the video with the « settings » icon.
Step 2 – Transcript/translation/slow version
- To understand better, you can read the transcript (transcription) and/or English translation (traduction anglaise). I also recommend listening to the slow audio version (version lente) while reading the transcript. This will help a lot !
Step 3 – « Quiz »
- Check how much you actually understood ! Answers are included.
Step 4 – « Capsule linguistique »
- Watch the related short video that explains a pronunciation, vocabulary, or grammar point featured in the « Hélène se promène » video.